24 February 2011

Amorous Zombies

Last year I noted the fuss about LA Zombie. The ABC now reports that Richard Wolstencroft "will not be convicted' over exhibiting the film at the Melbourne Underground Film Festival despite the OFLC refusal of a classification. Wolstencroft has however been ordered to give $750 to Melbourne's Royal Children's Hospital.

He has reportedly said that he will not defy the classification board again and has learned his lesson.
Obviously I really do like to push the envelope and play different material, but look, I submit a list of films and if they reject one of two, it's not going to play.

I'm not going to do that again, you know what I mean?" he said.

"It's been a bit of a nightmare to be honest; getting charged with anything. If I knew I would be charged I wouldn't have gone ahead and done it.
Wolstencroft faced a maximum penalty of a $28,000 fine or two years in jail for exhibiting the film.