1. What is the total value of royalty collections to date, including figures for each quarter.
The total value of royalty collections is $805,115.70. Data is collected on a six monthly basis.
2010 July-Dec: $26,191.80
2011 Jan- June: $128,323.80
2011 July-Dec: $204,811.20
2012 Jan-June: $153,670.50
2012 July-Dec: $292,118.40
2. What percentage of the total value of royalties collected has gone to Indigenous artists, including figures for each quarter.
Since the commencement of the scheme, 59% or $440,042 has been paid to Indigenous right-holders. Actual payment data is only available as a total. A disaggregation would require an unreasonable diversion of resources.
3. What are the annual Art Centres figures for first sales of Indigenous art.
The Department does not have the requested information
4. What is the total value of the top 600 individual royalty payments to date.
5. How many individual right-holders received the top 600 individual payments.
6. How many of the top 600 individual royalty payments have gone to Indigenous right-holders, including figures for each quarter.
301 payments for 91 right-holders -
2010 July-Dec: 17 payments
2011 Jan-June: 61 2011
2012 Jan-June: 76
2012 July-Dec: 88
7. To date, what is the total value of the lowest 2,000 individual royalty payments.
8. If the scheme can deliver the smallest individual artist royalty payment at $50, with a 10% administration fee of $5, why does the scheme charge an administration fee of $1,000 to deliver an individual royalty payment of $10,000.
The scheme allows the collecting society to charge a 10% administration fee on each royalty paid to contribute to the scheme becoming self-sustaining over time.
9. After deducting non-recurrent set-up costs, what is the average cost of the CALs individual royalty payments to date.