The inquiry is to provide -
- an outline of the issues that the legislation was intended to address
- an assessment of the efficiency and effectiveness of the legislation and associated scheme in achieving the original objectives
- an analysis of the likely impacts had the legislation not been introduced
- an assessment of the impact of the scheme on artists, the art market, art market professionals and consumers, including costs and benefits
- the development and consideration of projections that show the likely scale of the scheme in future years
- the identification and consideration of any revisions to the Act or regulations that could enhance the operation of the scheme.